- Online Casino
A casino is an establishment or facility that has different kinds of gambling games. These sites are usually found in hotels, cruise ships, or events and entertainment places frequented by tourists.
However, there are also thousands of online casino sites on the Internet that allow gamblers to play without leaving their house. Much like an amusement park, a casino — whether online or a physical establishment — is regulated by the gaming industry. Thus, only those of age are allowed to enter their premises or play games.
Which is better: live casino or online casino?
A live casino features real dealers and real players. Some prefer this setup than a casino online because the experience is more authentic. In a Blackjack game, for example, players can watch how the dealers shuffle the cards. Players may also engage with each other in a friendly conversation or observe other casino guests on the table, which can’t be possible in an online setup since it’s usually just you and the screen.
An online casino, on the other hand, might not be interactive but there’s also an advantage to playing electronically since players don’t have to comply with proper casino etiquette all the time. Most brick-and-mortar casinos, especially an Arab casino, expect players to be in their best behavior. But if you’re playing casino online in the comforts of your home, then there’s no need to be formal and discreet with your display of emotions.
There are plenty of reputable and legal online casinos so you can always be assured that the games aren’t rigged and that your money is safe. Before playing, however, it might be better to check the license jurisdiction of the site and confer with the gambling laws where you live so that you won’t have liabilities.
Bear in mind, however, that you might encounter problems even with the most popular online casino facilities if your computer’s technical requirements aren’t up to par. Thus, your online gaming experience might be compromised.
If you’re new to casino gaming, it will be quite an experience to try the real thing for the first time. On the other hand, if you’re used to playing at a live casino, the transition to online casino will be easier.
What are the best casino games to play?
While it’s always a matter of preference, some players argue that the best casino games to play, regardless if it’s online or live, are the ones that offer the lowest house edge, such as slot games and single deck Blackjack. Because playing at a casino is mostly a matter of chance, these companies establish a house edge or a house advantage as a way to protect its investments. But a player can win mostly on a game with a house edge of about 2 percent. This means that if you place a bet and hit the jackpot, you can get 98 percent of the winnings.
Are casino games fair?
The reality is casinos operate for profit, and the house edge is always present as this is how the business is designed. If you’re new to the world of casino, then it might seem unfair to play against the house because you’ll end up losing most of the time. However, if you play in a reputable casino, then its operators will likely be more compliant, honest and fair. Casinos with good reputations won’t risk being investigated by the gaming commission or control board because they could lose their business.
In general, most casinos are fair even if the psychology of the game seems always to favour the establishment. Understanding the nature of casino gaming, as well as the laws behind this, should help manage your expectations on what to expect when you’re playing in a casino.
Where are the best casino sites?
The world’s casino capitals are Las Vegas in the U.S. and Macau in Asia. According to CNN Travel, the best operators in Las Vegas are at Caesar’s Palace for sports betting, the Bellagio for poker games, the Aria for the largest slot machines floor, the MGM Grand Hotel for casual gamblers, and the Golden Nugget for the variety of table games.
Macau, on the other hand, has the Wynn Palace, the most luxurious casino establishment. The Venetian is its biggest casino with over 640 gaming tables and 1760 slot machines.
Other reputable gambling places include:
- Casino du Liban, the best Arab casino in Libya
- Crowns Resort in Australia
- Casino de Monte-Carlo in Monaco
- City of Dreams in the Philippines
However, if you’re looking for trustworthy online casinos you can easily make casino comparisons on the Internet by reading review sites. Aside from looking into their license and years of operation, an ideal online casino should offer a variety of games, secure and convenient payment options, and outstanding customer support.
The most popular online casino sites are:
- 888 Casino
- 777 Casino
- Reefclub Casino
- Casino On Net
- Casino Las Vegas
- Bet Rally
Arab online casinos are drawing more popularity on the Internet because land-based casinos have so many restrictions. Gambling for money isn’t accepted in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates and Qatar due to the culture’s conservative beliefs.
- Saudi Arabia – Online gambling in Saudi Arabia is subjected to a lot of restrictions. Internet censoring is rampant but many online gambling sites continue to operate. There is no clear regulatory framework at work in this country when it comes to casino licenses so online casino gambling is considered a grey market here.
- Kuwait – A large number of online casino gaming enthusiasts in Kuwait are actually foreigners or expats thus casino sites online are widely in demand. Authorities periodically check and investigate online sites but as with Saudi Arabia, the gambling laws here are unclear.
- United Arab Emirates – Islamic laws prohibit gambling in United Arab Emirates. However, Dubai holds the Dubai World Cup Night every year, which has people making bets on thoroughbred horse races. UAE has an Internet Access Management agency that prohibits online gambling but online casinos with foreign licenses and jurisdictions are still accessible to UAE players. The gaming market here is more relaxed than any other Arab countries.
- Qatar – People in Qatar love betting on camel racing even if gambling is prohibited in this country. The government tries its best to block online casinos, including offshore sites, but there’s always a way to work around it using VPN. More than online casinos, however, online sports betting is popular with the Qataris.
What happens if a gambler wins big at the casino?
By law, regulated casinos are required to maintain liquidity to pay out the winners. Thus, they have to pay the bets, no matter the amount, lest they risk losing their license. However, casinos have the right to refuse players’ bets, especially if the gambler is on a massive but suspicious winning streak. Incidents like this, however, are rare.
Blackjack is one of the most popular table games at a casino. It takes special skills to play this game because you have to master a few strategies to beat the house. Also known as Twenty-One, Blackjack has over 100 variations, but the general objective of the game is:
- To beat the dealer by getting 21 points as you’re dealt two cards.
- To end up with a final set of cards that do not exceed 21.
- To have better cards than the dealer’s final hand.
What are the rules of Blackjack?
At the casino Blackjack table, dealers face the player from across a table and shuffle a 52-card deck. Before the game, players place their bets or chips on the table.
Then, the dealer hands out two cards each to the players. The face values of these cards must total 21 or closer. If it’s not enough to cover 21, the player may ask another card from the dealer. For instance, if you are dealt a 5 of hearts and a 7 of spades, then you can ask for another card, which shouldn’t be lower than 9.
The dealer also puts his or her cards on the table with one card facing up to show to the players. This will give you an idea if you should hit or hold.
- “Hit” means you’re asking the dealer to give you another card to make 21. You can signal a hit to the dealer by tapping your fingers on the table, or waving your hand towards your body, or scraping your card.
- “Hold” means you have enough cards, so you don’t need to be dealt with more. You can slide your cards under your chips to signal this. This may also be known as “Stay” or “Stand” in other casinos.
- “Double Down” means you want to increase your bet by 100 percent by placing more chips beside your original bet.
- “Split” means you’d like to play two sets of cards from the ones dealt to you. For instance, if you got 6 of diamonds and 6 of club, you can split these on the table by placing a second bet on the other card. The dealer will then give you one more card per hand. Understand, however, that splitting also means you can double your chances of losing or winning the game so you should strategize well.
Now, if the cards dealt to you are over 21, also known as a “bust,” you lose the game. If your cards are higher than the dealer’s hand, you lose the game. The dealers will usually hit the cards until they have 17 or 18.
But if you’ve got an Ace, with a face value of 1 or 11, plus any of the king, queen or jack (10), then you have a two-card 21. This is the best type of playing cards to have because this is the Blackjack.
When do you hit or hold in Blackjack?
Blackjack is mostly about comparing cards with other players. This is a skill professional Blackjack gamers master over years of practice and play. But if you’re new to this game, you can follow a generic strategy to know when to hit or stand during a single-deck game.
Go with a hit:
- if you’re dealt with cards totalling 5 to 8
- if you’ve got a total of 9 and the dealer’s card isn’t between 3 to 6
- if you’ve got a 10 and the dealer has a 10 or an ace
- if you’ve got 11 and the dealer’s card is an ace
- if you’ve got 12 and the dealer’s card shows a 2 or 3
- if you’ve got 13 to 16 and the dealer’s card shows 7, 8, 9, 10 through ace
Go with a stand:
- if your cards total 17 to 21
- if you’ve got a 12 and the dealer’s card shows 4, 5 or 6
- if you’ve got 13 to 16 and the dealer’s hand has 2 through 6
How do you play Blackjack and win?
You need to develop a good strategy to win in Blackjack, which means you have to spend a lot of time mastering the game. It might help to also read resources on the library or the Internet. You can always adjust your tactics as you become more familiar with the game.
How do you play Blackjack online?
It’s pretty straightforward to play Blackjack online especially if you’ve done it at an actual casino. There’s usually a Help screen to click and see the rules of the table and the status of your game. As for placing your bets or claiming your winnings, Blackjack online facilities have a payment system in place. Be sure to find out the deposit and withdrawal system of the website first before playing.
What is Card Counting?
Some casinos might ask you to stop playing if they’ve figured out you’ve been card counting. But this isn’t technically cheating if you know how to strategize. Like chess, you use your mind to card count. However, some gamblers use special devices to card count, which can constitute a felony in some casino sites like Las Vegas.
Roulette comes from the French word that means “little wheel.” This casino game has players placing bets on a number that’s either red or black on a Roulette wheel. This is purely a game of chance, but you can strategics and increase your chances of winning with how you place your bets.
What are the rules of Roulette?
The Roulette table is long, elongated and covered in felt with a big Roulette wheel at the end. The table has rows and columns of numbers, from 1 to 36, where players can place chips to make their bets. The wheel is spun for every round of betting, and a small ball is released by the casino staff to bounce on the wheel, which will ultimately land on the number. Whoever guesses where this ball lands wins the round.
Outside of the red and black boxes of numbers from 1 to 36 are green boxes labelled 0, 00, 1 to 18, 19 to 36, 1 to 12, 13 to 24, 25 to 36, and 2 to 1. These green boxes are for outside bets. Casino players play outside bets to increase their chances of winning compared to the red and black numbers, which are also known as inside bets.
If you’re entering a game of Roulette, the croupier (a casino staff manning the table), will give you a special chip with one colour. This way, your bet won’t get mixed up and be confused with the rest of the players on the table.
Can you place different bets in Roulette?
You can either bet on one number or bet on groups of numbers in a game of Roulette. The more you come up with a betting combination, the more odds you get for winning and gaining different payouts.
Inside bets can be further be divided into seven different types:
- Straight – betting on just one number inside the red or black square: Example – red 3
- Split – betting on two different numbers next to each other: Example – red 7 and black 8
- Street – betting on three consecutive numbers within the row: Example – red 34, black 35 and red 36
- Six Line – betting on two adjacent lines: Example – the rows of black 4, red 5, black 6, and below it, red 7, black 8 and red 9
- Corner – betting on four numbers with the chip placed on their common corner: Example: black 26, red 27, black 29 and red 30
- Trio – betting on three numbers including the 0 outside the green box: Example – green 0, black 2 and red 3
- Basket – betting on 0, red 1, black 2, red 3 and green 0.
Outside bets cover a vast number of odds and the labels on the table are straightforward. In some cases, the casino staff may make announced bets, which are special combinations that have bigger payouts.
What’s the best bet to make?
Betting on a Roulette game depends on your strategy. Some players employ a mathematical system to increase their chances of winning, especially if they have been playing this game for a long time.
However, if this is your first time at the Roulette table, it’s realistically better to play on the outside bets and start small. Spreading your bets will give you a more exciting time at the game. Eventually, if you’re reasonably confident about your betting strategy, then you can make progressive bets. The most common types of progressive bets are the Martingale and the Fibonacci system, which are both based on Mathematical theories.
What’s the difference between an American Roulette wheel and a European Roulette wheel?
Some casinos, especially the bigger and more reputable casinos, have both the American and European Roulette wheels. The main difference between these two is the presence of the green 00 on the American version. The betting strategies and payouts, however, are the same.
How to play at an online Roulette?
The rules of an online Roulette facility are the same as an actual casino. However, before signing up to play online, it’s always better to do your homework and make sure that the website has a variety of Roulette games. With thousands of facilities online, some offer bonuses and deals to entice new players and you can take advantage of these offers if you carefully read the fine print. Some sites also offer a try out sans the money.
Slots – also known as slot machines, poker machines or pokies – is a casino game played on a machine and not on the table with a casino staff manning the house. There are different types of slot machines, depending on where you’re playing. You can literally choose from thousands of options.
How do you play a slot machine?
It’s relatively simple to play slot games. If you’ve chosen the game you like, you just need to insert money on the machine and push a button or touch the screen to activate it. The symbols on the machine will then start to roll. The idea of the game is to end up with matching three symbols once it stops.
What are the best slot machines?
Every player is looking for something different from slot machines so, as with most things, the best games can be gauged by your personal preference. Since different casinos have a variety of machines, it’s not always easy to determine what’s best for you unless you actually give it a try.
However, you can increase your odds at winning if you choose a slot machine that offers the highest payouts or the highest return to player (RTP) percentage. You can find the RTP by checking out the details of the particular slot machine online before playing in an actual casino on the Internet. Sometimes, it might be even indicated on the machine itself. If you’re playing slots online, you can find out the details of the game by clicking on the Help Guide of the website.
Many slot machines have existed in casinos for decades. Hence, these machines are still popular for gamers:
- Wheel of Fortune
- Reel ‘Em In
- Double Diamond
Is there a strategy to this seemingly random game?
It’s true that the outcome of a slot machine is randomly generated so you could spin a million combinations to get a good payout. However, there is a right type of balance when playing slots to get better results. To improve your odds, you have to consider the cost of the bet versus the size of the winnings against the time you play. Of course, you must also make sure that you’re enjoying the game.
Can a slot machines become hot or cold?
Some players believe that slot machines have either a hot or cold timing, or that it’s due for a win. Hence, they think people get lucky with hitting the jackpot after someone else’s turn. But while there might seem like a pattern, these are unproven perceptions, and it’s crucial not to let yourself fall into a trap so that you won’t lose more money in the game.
Are online slot machines better?
The advantage of online slots is convenience and comfort. Your favourite game is always available to you, unlike with real live slots where you have to wait for your turn since someone is still using it. But slot machines on actual casinos might have the best selection of games compared to slots online since the manufacturers of this machine can make profits faster this way.